Monday, March 31, 2014

Tri-For-Fun Sprint Triathlon

Results are in for the Tri for Fun triathlon held at the Conroe YMCA on March 30, 2014.  Finish Strong athletes who competed (and did very well) were Kent Morris (2nd overall), Kathy Morris (3rd in her AG), Claudia McMeeken (3rd master's), and Pam Meaux (first tri and 2nd master's finisher.)

The race was a 300 yard swim, 16.5 bike and 5K run distance event.  I'm not sure which results to post because the tri had timing issues with the swim mat at the beginning of the race. They had their timer work the numbers for both a Triathlon and a Duathlon.

The duathlon race results are posted at: 


The triathlon results are posted at:



Pam's swim 9 min; 1:06 bike, and 23 min run for an overall time of 1:43. Pam reports, "It was fun and a great learning experience for me.  Glad I had a chance to practice.  The swim ended up being the best part because it was in a warm pool and the shortest piece and I did OK.  I had not been on a bike on a road in 10 years (spin class only) so I had no clue what I was doing and couldn’t figure out how to work the gears so it took me 1:06 to do 16.5 miles, but I did enjoy riding the bike.  Beautiful day!  The run was a trail run filled with mud, roots, ruts, grass and little hills – I am not a trail runner so it was the longest 5k of my life!"   Way to go!

Pam Meaux (left) ready to race her first triathlon, with Geri Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment