Monday, March 31, 2014

Himalayan Rush Triathlon - Olympic

Finish Strong Coaching's Jerry Parker was one of the few competitors who actually completed the outrageously steep Himalayan Rush Triathlon Olympic distance held in Pokhara, Nepal on March 28th. Jerry reports, "Unbelievably hard race!  Climb of 15% grade x 800m x 4 loops on the nastiest ground you can imagine. I crashed on loop 1 and my front deraileur got stuck on the big chain ring so I had to walk the bike up the hill 4 times. The run was 3 miles straight uphill with probably 1000 ft of elevation change. Then straight back down. Honestly, I had to use all the tricks in my book to finish but I finished amazingly strong, no broken bones but a broken bike shifter I think. Absolutely amazing race."


The course looks beautiful and majestic from the plane.

Course feels extremely challenging with 15% grade mountain trails to contend with.



No comments:

Post a Comment