Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The North Face 50 Miler

Congrats to Finish Strong's Ronnie Delzer who ran The North Face 50 mile race on Saturday, December 5th in San Rafael, California.



Here's a quick race report summary from Ronnie, "Quick recap to today's TNF 50 mile race... Stuck to my plan at the beginning being conservative and letting the lead pack go off the front with the intentions of picking them off the last 15 miles. Wiped out really hard down a rocky dirt trail at mile four running sub 6 pace (not fun). A few more nasty falls between mile 25-28 and then ran scared (not part of the plan) and in quite a bit of pain from 28-35 (wah wah wahhh). I was so disappointed with my splits at that point that I got really angry and ran mad. This was actually very effective as It got me back into the zone (will try this more often). The last 15 miles were executed per my race plan and I was able to catch a few runners. My goal was to finish in less than 7 hours, but I'm happy that I was able to bounce back and finish strong. As a rookie to running hills I learned a ton that will definitely make me a better runner for future races of this caliber. I also left with a much higher pain tolerance smile emoticon. I believe I was 35th overall and official time of 7:32:... Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes over the past few days."

No comments:

Post a Comment