Monday, October 19, 2015

Ironman Maryland

Ironman Maryland was postponed from original date of October 1st to this past weekend on October 17.  Finish Strong athletes Jim Harrington and Jeff Goodwin made the trek again, competed and did very well.

Here's race report from Jeff for IM Maryland 2015
"Weather – COLD!!!  WINDY!!!  Before the race started they had a Small Craft Advisory for the swim causing them to shorten the swim a bit (water temp 63).  On the bike course we were told to expect 20 – 30 mph wind gusts, but Jim and I both agreed it was much worse.  We still couldn’t get away from the wind on the run course either.

Overall – All the challenges aside with traveling (multiple times), extremely cold/windy conditions,  long lines for registration, and really bad after race pizza, I had a GREAT time racing my 2nd IM race!  I had a PR race, gaining over an hour from my first race. (Texas: 14:11 / Maryland: 12:54).  I had awesome support from Karen!!!  Since the bike was a 2 loop course, I was able to see her twice on the bike and get encouragement.  During my run, she ran from point to point to catch me multiple times on the course and give me encouragement.  I finished the race with energy and excitement which made crossing the finish line that much better!"




Jeff on the run!



Harrington, Jim      00:45:53swim 05:41:08 bike 04:07:05 run 10:49:21 overall

Goodwin, Jeff         00:55:30swim 06:12:14 bike 05:20:38 run 12:54:04 overall

For more results, go to:
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/maryland/results.aspx?rd=20151017&race=maryland#axzz3p3HfCl5t


No comments:

Post a Comment