Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tri-Arkansas Triathlon

By Tom Schwartzkopf

I just finished the Tri-Arkansas Triathlon Festival in Arkadelphia Arkansas. It was fun but very tough due to the hills.

This is me coming in on the 1500 meter swim. I'm all alone. The pack is back behind me

about 100 meters. I'm in second place here. The kid who beat me did so by over a minute. Fast little critter.


I could have sworn there were people at my feet. I was surprised by the lonely welcome I got coming out of the water.












Alright, time to go to work. The girl at the top asked me if I wanted a drink of water. I told her I swallowed enough lake water to last me the entire day.

This is what it looks like at the start of the bike. I'm not in the picture. This was one of the easier hills on the 28 mile course.

This is me on the run heading up the hill. Yea, I'm tired but I'm ready for the 6.5 miles ahead of me.

Here I am at the end of the run. Coming down the hill was a lot easier than going up. My age group was tough. I came in fourth but I was pleased with my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment